Squirl's Nest

Monday, January 14, 2008

Cross your fingers

I don't have my own, personal computer. I always use my work laptop, a Dell D610. Well, it's been running terribly slow, so I talked my boss into letting me get a brand new Dell D630.

The "cross your fingers" part is because I hope I don't lose all of my links. I hate Internet Explorer, I always use Firefox. Since Firefox isn't supported at work I'm taking my chances. Of course, I have the advantage of sitting and working closely with the technicians. The one who's doing my refresh will probably do his best to help me.

Anyway, if you don't see me for a bit it's just that I'm trying to find you again.
:-)

12 comments

Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Export your links before you let your machine out of your site.

Mon Jan 14, 09:23:00 PM  
Blogger Ern said...

Crossing my fingers for everything to transfer over smoothly.

Yay for a free computer!

Mon Jan 14, 09:46:00 PM  
Blogger chia said...

Hence, why you should let me help you set up Google Reader so your favourite blogs are just a click away ;-).

Notice, I knew you posted because I now use my Google reader ;-).

Mon Jan 14, 09:53:00 PM  
Blogger chia said...

OH ya, love you Sis!

Mon Jan 14, 09:53:00 PM  
Blogger Kranki said...

Ooooh, the new computer smell. Love it. Good luck with the linkies.

Mon Jan 14, 11:15:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck, Squirl! Back up those links on a CD. Even IE allows you to import links.

Tue Jan 15, 01:53:00 AM  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

yayy for the new computer. Take your time finding us. I think we all are patient and most of us visit daily so you will have our links one way or another..

Tue Jan 15, 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger eclectic said...

JEALOUS <-- Me.

Tue Jan 15, 04:56:00 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

new computers are fun! except for all of the hassle of getting them set up to run. But once they get going - oooo boy - uber cool.

Tue Jan 15, 05:29:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love new computers. Like krankipantzen said, "the new computer smell." We just had to restore ours to factory defaults, so it's almost like getting a new one all over again! ;)

Wed Jan 16, 05:47:00 PM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I'm just annoyed that your new laptop couldn't find an IP address when you were over here. Hmmmph!

Thu Jan 17, 11:04:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Hi, everyone! The computer is working! But, sorry, I've been too busy IRL to be around much.

Thanks!

Fri Jan 18, 06:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home