Squirl's Nest

Friday, June 24, 2005

Wherein we get the hell out of Dodge

I had something else I was going to post but I can't find it. So, instead, you get to hear my plans for the next few days. Ichabod and I are going to stay in Fruitport from Saturday until Thursday. We'll be house/dog-sitting for his parents. I have to get him to bring his digital camera so I can show you pictures of the place and the dog.

I'm really looking forward to this. With the warm weather, the people in the large apartment building next door like to hang around outside until, oh, 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning. And they're not quiet. They woke me up last night. The woman's voice would go right through you even though you couldn't understand what she was saying. But the guy was readily understandable. He kept saying "Shut the f*** up!" over and over again. I think he meant it like, "Get outta here" but who cares. They sounded like they were shouting from a block apart. I finally opened the window and told them to shut the hell up. They mocked me for a little while, but did shut up after a bit. Then somebody played a rap CD loudly for a while.

Well, Ichabod's parents' house is in the country with a large, beautiful yard. It should be quiet and so nice. I just love their Afghan, Cassie, too. Can't wait to hang out with her. I'll let you all know how it goes. In the meantime, one more night this week for the loud neighbors.

16 comments

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Fri Jun 24, 04:43:00 PM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Oh, man...sorry!

That was me with the rap CD.

Fri Jun 24, 05:13:00 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Sounds like a great getaway, and with a built-in doggie. Can't beat that. Blog everything :)

Fri Jun 24, 05:20:00 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Have some nice peace and quiet!
Like Susie said, "Blog everything."

Fri Jun 24, 05:39:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Bucky, what did I tell you? Rap is crap.

Susie and Sierrabelle, I do intend to blog about it. I just put Ichabod's camera on the list. I am looking forward to the peace and quiet and lovely green.

Fri Jun 24, 06:38:00 PM  
Blogger August95 said...

Have a wonderful few days in the country and don't let the quiet keep you up LOL.

Sat Jun 25, 04:23:00 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Kitty, thanks for helping with the list. I need all the help I can get. And they played music all night again. It was still going at about 6 when I woke up. Before 6:30 some woman in the building was screaming for it to be turned off. :-)

August95, I will try to not let the quiet keep me awake. :-) Thanks!

Sat Jun 25, 06:47:00 AM  
Blogger Kranki said...

Fruitport? I LOVE that name. I bet there will be not loud rap music to be found there. Perfect place for relaxin' and fetch playin'. There had better be photos.

Sat Jun 25, 01:03:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Hi Kranki, yes, Fruitport is on the water and probably had fruit trees at one time. Then it became a bit more industrial. It's still small and quite rural. I've been taking pictures with Ichabod's camera. I'm not sure how they'll turn out, but if they aren't too bad I'll post them and tell the whole story. Ichabod is playing with Cassie right now.

Sat Jun 25, 05:17:00 PM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I love it that Fruitport is not far from Ferrysburg.

Sat Jun 25, 07:46:00 PM  
Blogger LadyBug said...

Well, I guess you and Ichabod are probably sleeping soundly as I type this. Glad you guys got a little vacation away from your noisy neighbors. Can't wait to see your photos.

Sun Jun 26, 02:03:00 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Bucky, yes, the ladies in the PTA at Ferry school used to titter over that one.

Ladybug, thanks, the noisiest neighbors we have here are the birds. And, believe me, I can handle that. We went out to Grand Haven last night, to Harbor Island. I tried to get a picture of a deer in the water but I think it was too far away. Also tried to get a picture of a blue heron. I've got some stuff to do today. Maybe I'll have time to check the pictures out tonight.

Sun Jun 26, 09:28:00 AM  
Blogger The Smoking Redhead said...

Hope your weekend was a great one, nice and quiet!
:)

Sun Jun 26, 10:08:00 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Rachel, thank you so much. This is what Ichabod and I really, really needed. We might even have a bonfire tonight since it rained last night.

Sun Jun 26, 11:04:00 AM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Y'all got rain last night? Shoulda had your bonfire here! It was booty-ful out last night.

Sounds like you guys are doin' just fine even without the pyrotechnics.

Sun Jun 26, 04:02:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Bucky, the rain was after we went to bed. We just needed rain before starting any fires as it's been so dry. Anyway, I think the house was still red the time you were there. They've since sided it in gray. I like it like that.

Sun Jun 26, 05:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home