Squirl's Nest

Friday, June 10, 2005

This is because of Bucky's influence (That oughta scare ya!)

1 I am blogging because of Bucky.
2 I love animals even though I don’t have any pets.
3 I like to go out looking for birds, deer, any local wild critters.
4 I am the second of 5 kids in my family.
5 Like Bucky, I, too, am a four-eyes and have been since the age of 8.
6 I do get headaches, but not as bad as she does.
7 I like to do funny voices and wish I’d gotten into voice-overs for animation.
8 When I’m not doing funny voices I sing.
9 Sometimes I sing in my own voice, sometimes I imitate others.
10 I love thunderstorms.
11 I love humor, why else would I be so into blogland?
12 Some things that are important to me in a relationship are that my guy has intelligence, humor and is a good conversationalist.
13 He also must put up with my singing.
14 Everything reminds me of a song.
15 I have yet to do an audioblog, but I feel one coming up.
16 I like Mexican food.
17 I like junk food.
18 I like going on road trips with Ichabod.
19 I love to read books.
20 Harry Potter books are among my favorites.
21 I love to read blogs.
22 Mows is my favorite blogger.
23 I love to take long soaks in the tub with candles and a book.
24 My favorite colors are yellow and green.
25 Along with those two, I also wear a lot of reds and oranges.
26 My work desk is always messy.
27 I have quite a few personal things on my work desk.
28 I met Ichabod at work over 12 years ago.
29 I have a digital piano that I play more often than my other instruments.
30 My other instruments are an electric guitar, electric bass, acoustic guitar and a couple of cheap harmonicas.
31 I’m not really good at any of them.
32 I played string bass in the orchestra.
33 I had enough credits to graduate at the end of the first semester of my senior year in high school.
34 I was talked into staying for the second semester because, at that time, I was the only bass player in the orchestra.
35 That was the only class I took all semester so I could sleep in and goof off.
36 I’m the kind of person who can, and does, strike up conversations with strangers on a regular basis.
37 I am, though, a little scared of some of the homeless strangers in my neighborHOOD.
38 Unlike Susie, I color my hair.
39 It used to be that Bucky was the (natural) blond and I was the brunette.
40 I’ve had my red VW Golf for five years now and I’ve grown to like it quite well.
41 I no longer owe any money on that car.
42 My car usually is just a bit less messy than my desk.
43 I have a stuffed squirrel that I put on my dashboard.
44 When I learn to post pictures I will put that out here.
45 I always wonder if people get bored and quit reading these at this point.
46 I sometimes have more curiosity than is good for me.
47 My trouble, at times, in making decisions is why I’m called Squirl.
48 I like to watch movies.
49 Musicals are among my favorites.
50 Just about anything by Kevin Smith (think Mallrats) is good by me.
51 Nobody calls me sir.
52 I had to wear a uniform to school the first five years of my school life.
53 It was white and navy blue (see #25), which are NOT my colors.
54 It included a beanie as we had to go to church every morning, too.
55 I had enough of Catholicism as a child.
56 I believe in a Universal Spiritual Creator, but won’t follow any organized religion.
57 I was born in a large city in Kentucky.
58 When I was eleven we moved to a small town in Michigan.
59 I laughed when someone here tried to call me a hick because I was from the South.
60 I’ve met more people who qualify as Redneck (not a bad thing) in Michigan than I ever did in that large city in Kentucky.
61 I have to wear a watch even though there’s a clock on my desk, one on my computer, one on my phone and one on my pager.
62 I also have five calendars in my office.
63 I love to watch the Weather Channel.
64 That’s the main reason I won’t get rid of my cable.
65 I’ve always lived close to both a large body of water and train tracks.
66 I once lived in a house where the train tracks cut diagonally through the yard and about 20’ from the bedroom.
67 I learned to sleep through the middle-of-the-night train.
68 Even though I’m not a techy I like to work in the IT department.
69 Some of the weirder books that I’ve read (Geek Love and Perfume) were suggested by Ichabod.
70 I drink a lot of water even though people tease me about it.
71 If I don’t drink my water I don’t feel well.
72 I push water on other people, just ask Bucky.
73 I take quite a few vitamins and supplements.
74 I hate going to the doctor’s office.
75 I get impatient when the light turns green and the car ahead of me doesn’t move.
76 I like learning new things, even if I can’t remember them all.
77 I always rinse out pop cans and beer bottles when I’m done with them.
78 I try to do a weekly backup on the hard drive of my laptop.
79 I think fluorescent lights suck.
80 I like halogen lights.
81 All of my cars have had names.
82 The first one was a ’67 Chevy Impala that was a cream color that I called the Cream Machine.
83 My current car is red and kinda pudgey. Its name is Rosie.
84 I almost bought a manual transmission this time but they gave me too good of a deal on this automatic.
85 I’ve had my car vandalized once and stolen from twice since I’ve lived in my current apartment.
86 There are 33 stairs and no elevator where I live.
87 I’m in pretty lousy shape, but those stairs are good for my butt.
88 I have a bachelor’s degree.
89 I don’t feel like studying hard enough now for my master’s.
90 Sometimes I like to drink tea.
91 Other days I drink coffee.
92 I make homemade granola.
93 I like modern, leather furniture.
94 I have more music CDs than I ever listen to.
95 I’m proud of the fact that I graduated 16th in my high school class of about 360 students.
96 I’m kind of nitpicky about spelling and grammar.
97 If I didn’t have to work and had more money than I knew what to do with I’d probably go back for a master’s degree in English.
98 My political leanings are more left than right, but no one is correct all the time.
99 I am so happy that Ichabod doesn’t care to watch sports.

100 I am glad I got into this blog-group because everyone is so cool.

34 comments

Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Go #'s 57 and 99!!

sports=evil

Fri Jun 10, 04:26:00 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Damn girl, that's some list!
I wonder if I could come up with 100 things about me that weren't boring as hell.
Maybe I'll try.

Fri Jun 10, 04:35:00 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

You must have thought about this post FOREVER.
Thanks for letting us in a bit on who you are.
I guess I should thank Bucky.

Fri Jun 10, 04:38:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Mr b, I totally agree. I was not very happy about moving to Michigan, but I've adjusted.

Sierrabella, I was worried people would get bored with mine. Go for it, it's fun.

Jamie Dawn, today I put this together pretty quickly. But I've been thinking about it for about a month or so since people starting doing these.

Fri Jun 10, 05:14:00 PM  
Blogger Candy said...

Thats a great list, and I really have no idea how you could sleep through trains in your backyard, I cant even sleep through a cat fight in my basement.

The new Harry Potter is so close, I cant wait!!!!!

Fri Jun 10, 05:24:00 PM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Wow, that was a fast read, sir.

Muahahahahahaa, sorry, it had to be done.

Fri Jun 10, 05:27:00 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Yay! You did it! I feel like such a slacker.

#7. Not too late.
14. Me, too. I have a soundtrack to my life.
15. Yay!
38. I really love being the blog poster child for gray hair. :(
41. Doesn't that feel good?
82. That sounds kinky.
92. Why do you do that? And please share your recipe. (I always want recipes when people blog about food.)

Fri Jun 10, 05:30:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

JessHarry Potter!!!!YAY!!!!! You must get your own book so you don't have to share. There are times when not sharing is okay.

And it took me just a few weeks to get used to the train. Thanks, that'll give me another post.

Bucky, you know I added that one for you. It was a fast read as it was a fast write. Like I told Jamie Dawn, I've been thinking about doing this for a while. I started about 1:00 today and did it in between working. I finished about quarter after 4:00. I'm glad I did it, it was fun. I'm even thinking of other things I could have put in there now.

Fri Jun 10, 05:32:00 PM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Also, you back up your hard drive regularly, and that makes you three rungs higher on the food chain than I am.

Fri Jun 10, 05:34:00 PM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Yeah, Squirl, I've already thought of lots of shit I didn't put on mine. Lots more food stuff.

Fri Jun 10, 05:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who would stop reading half way through? I love reading these things,and wish everybody would do them. I feel like I "know" you a little better now, thanks.

Fri Jun 10, 05:46:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Susie, you snuck in while I was commenting. I will enjoy reading yours when you find the time. As far as #7, I'd have to relocate and I have reasons for living here. I'm so sorry for #38. I didn't mean that as a slam. Hope you didn't take it that way. If not then Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa. There comes that Catholic stuff. :-) it does feel good to have the car paid off. Only have to pay for occasional repairs, oil changes and TIRES. When I named the Cream Machine it did feel slightly naughty. Ichabod's mother was really into the health food thing back in the 70s. Granola one of the things she still does. We modified the recipe to take out most of the oil and sugar but I will post it as her original.

Fri Jun 10, 05:46:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Blogaholic now you snuck in on me. :-) Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed. I like to read these lists from other people, too.

Fri Jun 10, 05:48:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Man, I keep missing comments. Bucky, I had a two-week old backup one time and I was sooooo glad I did when the hard drive took a dump. Amazing what can be lost. One of the things I wish I'd listed is that I picked up a piece of the Berlin wall when Ichabod and were there nine years ago. I think that one's cool.

Fri Jun 10, 05:50:00 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

No, I didn't take offense. Just playing with you. I know you wouldn't ridicule a senior citizen in front of the INTERNET AS A HOLE.

Fri Jun 10, 06:23:00 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Well call me a copycat... I did it too!
It only took about a half hour, so I hope my spelling isn't critiqued!
Now that I reread, I'm 'kinda' scary too...
*as she loses the few kind readers she has.*

Fri Jun 10, 06:33:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Susie, whew, I'm glad you were just razzing me. I would never purposely try to embarrass you in front of the Internet as a Hole. And don't give me that Senior Citizen crap you little whippersnapper.

Sierrabella, I just got back from getting an ice cream cone. I have to go read your site right now.

Fri Jun 10, 06:53:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Resquicat, you're back! I've been checking your blog but I know you've been busy moving. Kevin Smith cracks me up.

I just keep certain things on a CD. At least enough data to keep me from being at a horrible loss if the hard drive were to crash. It's a good habit, I'm not quite as faithful as I should be. I said I try to do it weekly.

Fri Jun 10, 08:02:00 PM  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

Just so you know, i made it through all 100, and didn't get bored or think of skipping once!

Fri Jun 10, 11:00:00 PM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Kitty, after dinner at the Tip, we're all end users, if you catch mah drift.

Sat Jun 11, 07:40:00 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

GreatWhite, thanks!

Kitty, thanks. And I know I'm an end user. I do like hanging around with them techy-types, though. ;-)

Bucky, ah the Tip. Bean burritos, yes!

Sat Jun 11, 08:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

neat list.

I like how it flowed from one to the next in some cases.

You are nitpicky about grammar? I sure hope you mean your own and not others. *shudder*

It is fun to hear about all of the instruments that you play. Those digital pianos can have pretty impressive sound.

As for playing the bass, in college, there was a girl I was friends with from bio classes and she was a double-major bio and music performance. I went to her music recital senior year and was surprised to see her (teeeny petite blond girl) playing a string bass. I don't remember if it was taller than she was or not, but the contrast was really cool. And man she could play that thing. Makes me want to get out my guitar...

Oh, and I'm _really_ really glad my hubby is not into watching sports either.

Sat Jun 11, 09:12:00 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Thanks, Danielle. I think the flow comes from doing the list within a quick period of time. Besides, I learned from others that even though some could be just one "thing" you can make two or three "things" that way. Kinda cheating, but who cares. :-) I notice grammar, but anyone who's really studied it will see how often I mess up.

I just love music. I'm not that great of a musician, but I mostly love to sing.

My ex was a big sports nut. He had to watch everything. I'm glad we didn't have cable. We'd have been ESPN central.

If you feel the need to try your hand at the 100 list I would love to read it.

Sat Jun 11, 09:34:00 AM  
Blogger August95 said...

#7, #8, #9, #13 all the singing related, voice ones, I hear ya on those. Oh and Harry Potter too :)

That was a nice way to get to know you better. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

Sat Jun 11, 10:42:00 AM  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

Danielle...I thought about that grammar thing too....perhaps I should have Squirl edit my blog for me!

Sat Jun 11, 01:41:00 PM  
Blogger Kranki said...

I loved the book Perfume. I heard it was Curt Cobain's fav book too.

Sat Jun 11, 04:38:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

August95, do you sing? I hope so. Singing is so healing. And you're another Harry Potter fan, yay!! July 16th is coming. Glad you enjoyed. You have a great weekend, too.

GreatWhite, you guys do fine. But if you ever have a question, please ask. :-)

No, Kitty, I don't have answer bags. If you don't want my grammar garbage, please tell me. Thanks for pushing me over 30. Oh, yeah, Tip burritos! Grand Haven's best.

Kranki, Perfume was good. Geek Love is even better. Quite different, though. My sister, Bucky, really liked Geek Love.

Sat Jun 11, 06:19:00 PM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

The Tip. Soon. To have all the things I shouldn't have.

I do believe there is a Nirvana song about Perfume called "The Scentless Apprentice."

Sat Jun 11, 07:01:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

The Tip soon. Doesn't sound bad. So it does sound like Cobain liked the book.

Sat Jun 11, 09:41:00 PM  
Blogger The Smoking Redhead said...

Great list, we have several things in common as I think you mentioned.

Hmm...let's see, 23, 24, 50 (Chasing Amy is one of my fav's) oh and 75 is a big one for me.

Thanks for stopping by, hope you come back.

Sun Jun 12, 12:16:00 PM  
Blogger Effie said...

you did it--and it was interesting too! I said before that I'd try the "100 things about me" and eventually I will...maybe...
I love homemade granola....waiting for the recipe!

Sun Jun 12, 12:22:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Rachel, welcome and yes, looks like we do have some things in common. I will come back to your site again. Come back here whenever you'd like.

Resquicat thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed my list. Please do one when you have time. I'll read it and comment. I will be posting the granola recipe soon. I need to actually make some again soon. :-)

Sun Jun 12, 12:46:00 PM  
Blogger LadyBug said...

Love your list, Squirl.

If I ever do one of these lists, you'll find #14 & #96 (or something similar) on mine, too.

Tue Jun 14, 10:54:00 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Ladybug, I really like that you would add 96. You ought to do one. It's surprising how quickly it writes itself.

Tue Jun 14, 03:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home