Squirl's Nest

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Yup, she's home now.

I would like to say that I had a wonderful, witty post last night but Blogger was being a poop. I would be half right. Yeah, Blogger was being a poop. Didn't have anything wonderful or witty, though.

Bucky already told everyone about our event-filled weekend. Thanks for your kind words, wishes and prayers for our Mom. Mom says thank you, too. She sounds much like herself now and we're really, really glad.

Mom always had our best interest at heart. Even when she made us go to bed before nine o'clock when we were in ninth grade. But she has never been the mean, shrewish type like I hear and read about so much.

When she was in the hospital this weekend one of the nurses described her as precious. I agree. She's the only refined one in the family, and we've even cut through some of that, poor thing. But her sense of humor never leaves her. Good thing, she would have had to divorce her whole family years ago otherwise.

Guess I'm just rambling here, but this has been on my mind a lot the last few days. Again, thank you everyone here in blogland. You don't know how much your love and humor helped us this weekend. And I'm so glad our Mom is still here.

Bucky, you may commence with the rude comments. :-)

18 comments

Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I don't call that just rambling, I call that love and respect for a woman that sounds like she's deserving. She's very lucky

Wed May 25, 02:32:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Thanks, Mr B, for understanding that. She is deserving, whether we are or not. :-)

Wed May 25, 02:48:00 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

I've been busy, but caught the recent posts.
So glad to hear Mom is doing well.
She really does sound precious!

Wed May 25, 03:16:00 PM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Me? Rude? God, if only I could leave an audio comment and treat everyone to one of my dainty belches.

Perhaps I should post a picture of Mom tonight, too, since she so graciously picked out a shirt just to pose for me. And I got pictures before they messed up The Bouf at the hospital!

Wed May 25, 03:28:00 PM  
Blogger Kranki said...

So glad to hear that mum is doing better. Scary weekend! I hope she feels perfect soon.

Wed May 25, 03:47:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Sierrabella, she is precious. You'd love her if you ever met her.

But Bucky you promised rude comments when I put out a new post.

Kranki, thanks, we are glad she's coming back better and better. I talked to her today and she's feeling stronger already.

Wed May 25, 03:59:00 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Post the Bouf!

Wed May 25, 04:38:00 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I went. I saw. The Bouf.

Wed May 25, 08:35:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Yes, and it was a good Bouf.

Wed May 25, 09:25:00 PM  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

Glad you're back, your moms doin better, and things went well. can't wait to try the rum cake recipe!

Wed May 25, 11:22:00 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Yeah Kitty with the Devo ref!

Thu May 26, 07:08:00 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

GreatWhite, thank you. Hope you enjoy the cake.

Kitty and Mr B, I actually even caught the Devo reference. And I highly approve of the pun.

Thu May 26, 08:36:00 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

I love her already. The proof of a good Mom is in the pudding. That would be you and Bucky -- puddin's. And then there's the BOUF of a good Mom, and she has that, too. Hope she's VERY well, very soon.

Thu May 26, 10:10:00 AM  
Blogger LadyBug said...

The proof is in the BOUF. Is it a 90-proof bouf? Don't be aloof about the bouf.

(Umm...yeah. My brain IS a little tired this morning, as a matter of fact.)

Thu May 26, 10:26:00 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Susie, Bucky and I try to be good pudding. And she does have the bouf of a good mom. Talked to her tonight and she sounded pretty good. Thanks!

Kitty, aw thanks. Yes, I did tell her thanks. She smiled and said that you're welcome.

Ladybug go with the flow.

Thu May 26, 10:39:00 PM  
Blogger Spurious Nurse said...

I'm so glad she (and the bouf) are doing better.

Fri May 27, 09:52:00 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Plum, thank you. Did you see the bouf over at Bucky's site?

Fri May 27, 11:57:00 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Thanks, Danielle. It was kinda scary. I saw my Mom tonight. She doesn't have all of her energy back, but she's getting better.

Sat May 28, 09:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home