Squirl's Nest

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Dog day morning

On Tuesday I was traveling from one worksite to another. One of the streets that I go down used to be residential but is becoming more industrial all the time. The street used to be two lanes and is now three. Of course, that means that the front yards of the residences are down to nothing. The houses are almost on the street.

Well, this particular day I was going down that street and I heard barking. Tiny, furious barking at that. This Toy Poodle was playing Tuff Girl in Town. Seemed cute that she was running down the sidewalk and barking. Then, with the street so close, it was nothing for her to run out in the street. She ran right at my tires. As soon as I stopped she ran back to the yard. Okay, good, I started up again, and again she ran right for my tires. I was inching farther into the middle turn lane, hoping to get away from her. No good, she did it again for the third time. I was so mad/concerned that I was unable to find my four-way flashers. I just got out of the car and started pounding on the nearest door. Dog-mouth was standing there barking her head off at me.

Finally a woman came from around the back and said, "Fifi!" Like that's a surprise, with her barking and my pounding. She kept calling the dog but it wouldn't come to her. I tried to go to the other side of the dog to help corral her, but she kept avoiding both of us. Then, when Fifi made a mad dash to the backyard I made a mad dash to my car. Thank goodness the speed limit is only 30 and people were able to go around me. I don't think the police would've cared that I didn't want to squish that little poodle.

14 comments

Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Kitty, Kitty, such hate for the poodle! Obviously, the poodle has a death wish.

Thu May 05, 09:54:00 PM  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

OBVIOUSLY, Kitty is prejudiced against dogs....cant we all just get along?

Thu May 05, 11:16:00 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Fifi would have made some perfectly splendid roadkill. Her owner would have mourned for weeks, maybe months...or maybe not.

Fri May 06, 02:09:00 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Maybe Fifi did have a death wish. She was a little shit, to say to very least. Her owner didn't look like the brightest on her block either, though.

Fri May 06, 10:07:00 AM  
Blogger Spurious Nurse said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Fri May 06, 10:22:00 AM  
Blogger Spurious Nurse said...

See, little lapdogs dogs freak me out. They're always the ones the police find in an apartment snacking on their unfortunately deceased-senior-citizen owners.

Ick. Sorry.

Fri May 06, 10:23:00 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Plum, thank you for that visual. :-) If you could've seen her owner you'd know why I shudder at that visual.

Fri May 06, 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

What's even worse is when they're snackin' on their LIVE owners. You know, the old "Come and get some peanut butter, Fifi" trick.

Pictured it, didn't you?

Fri May 06, 08:17:00 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

OK, squirl? You are kind and lovely. God bless you. And your little sister is a sick puppy. A sick, peanut-butter-lickin' puppy. Named Fifi. That is all.

Fri May 06, 10:01:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Thank you, Susie, you've got the whole picture now. Bucky is as Bucky does, or something like that. Psst, don't tell anyone but Bucky would have tried to catch that little poodle, too. :-) But, of course, that doesn't mean she's not one sick puppy.

Fri May 06, 10:27:00 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Psst. C'mere! whisperin'... I know; I have blog ESP, and I can tell she's a sweetie pie WAAAAAAYYYY deep inside; but I wouldn't want to ruin her reputation...

Sat May 07, 08:44:00 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Exactly, Susie, it'll just be our little secret. :-)

Sat May 07, 08:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eek.

I'm surprised Fifi has lived as long as she has with her penchant for running out and attacking moving car tires.

Sat May 07, 06:57:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Yeah, Danielle, I hope her owner keeps her on a tighter leash.

Sat May 07, 09:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home