Squirl's Nest

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

2nd Annual Blog Cookie Exchange

My wonderful sister, Susie, is hosting the 2nd Annual Blog Cookie Exchange again this year. I got a bit behind, between work and home, and got going a bit late on my part of the party.

The first part is favorite holiday recipes. This picture illustrates the fact that I am not baking anything at all this year. Just don't feel up to it. But I'm sure by next year I'll be using these.
DSCN3301

One of my favorite holiday traditions is looking at people's Christmas lights. Here are some I've taken pictures of this year.
This is across the street from my house.
DSCN3274
I like this one. It looks like a drawing.
DSCN3279
It was raining the night that I took this one. The spheres are raindrops. That's my finger in the upper left corner, trying to shield it from the rain.
DSCN3285
It looks like snow here, but I think it's just raindrops.
DSCN3293

The next part of this is to tell what my favorite gift to give is. I don't know that I have one. But every year I give a gift card from a local store to my neice and nephews. It's a cop-out, but at least I know they'll get themselves something they'll like and enjoy.

The last part is what I wear when I don my gay apparel. At Curves they're having a sock exchange. You bring in a pair and on the last day you get one back. So, one of these will be mine.
DSCN3296

I thought I would just add this picture of a store that's close to my house.
DSCN3298

Happy Holidays, everyone!

20 comments

Blogger WILLIAM said...

Hey there Skwirl. Whers the food? Ineed to get back to susies. My rides is there.

Wed Dec 13, 08:29:00 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

You inspire me! I love to go out looking at lights, too. I'll try to take some pix around here sometime soon. I love the sock exchange idea :)
Thank you for playing, sis. xxx

Wed Dec 13, 08:29:00 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Cheez whiz! William must have a hollow leg. He's been drinking since early morning. I think he's eating enough cookies to absorb the alcohol. Don't let him near those socks, Squirl. I have a bad feeling about this...

Wed Dec 13, 08:31:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

William, I have jello in the refrigerator. William, are you still here? William?

Susie, I had fun playing. Maybe it was even better that I waited until the last minute. I'm looking forward to the sock exchange. But I'm hiding them from William. Sometimes, what goes down must come up.

Wed Dec 13, 08:42:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

And it's NOT a brainy idea.

Wed Dec 13, 08:42:00 PM  
Blogger Effie said...

Meeeerry Christmas!
That one house looks EXACTLY like a drawing--not real! Very cool!

Sock exchanges are SUCH a cute idea! I enjoyed your party!

Hugs!

Wed Dec 13, 08:53:00 PM  
Blogger Kranki said...

Ooooh! That is on my Christmas list-cookie sheets. So I can join the baking public. All the lights look lovely. Please let us know which socks you get!

Wed Dec 13, 11:56:00 PM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Well, your neighbor finally decided to light up the reindeer, eh?

I will do no baking this year, either, though there ARE gingerbread men being made in the kitchen right now.

Wed Dec 13, 11:57:00 PM  
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

I love the photo that looks like a drawing.

Thu Dec 14, 12:56:00 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Effie, your party was cool, too!

Kranki, thanks. Maybe I'll still feel like making cookies. But I will post a picture of my socks. :)

Bucky, yes the reindeer are wired and in service. :)
Gingerbread men, huh?

Lynn, thanks, I do too. :)

Thu Dec 14, 09:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these, Squirl. Love and hugs to you, my friend.

Thu Dec 14, 01:16:00 PM  
Blogger Platypus said...

Lovely pictures as always Squirl. Merry Christmas! I do hope William didn't cause any trouble - he was dribking for hours!!

Thu Dec 14, 02:13:00 PM  
Blogger Nina said...

I love Christmas lights and I don't mind putting them up. I don't like taking them down. I love to drive through the hood and look at lights. The kids and I use to do that every year.
I am hoping that I can get some baking done.

Thu Dec 14, 05:32:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Ladybug, glad you enjoyed it. Love and hugs to you too! :)

Thank you, Platypus! William left before he could cause any trouble.

Nina, aren't the lights fun? I've put the one that looks like a drawing on my desktop wallpaper. :)

Thu Dec 14, 07:09:00 PM  
Blogger dmmgmfm said...

Very nice pictures. I think I'll copy your idea and post some of my own. And you are right, the second Christmas photo looks just like a drawing. Very cool.

Fri Dec 15, 09:01:00 PM  
Blogger eclectic said...

So pretty!!! I'm a slacker... I drank at the party -- not as much as William -- but I didn't find time to play.

I'm sending you much love this holiday, sis.

Fri Dec 15, 09:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neat!

I love that "drawing" looking picture.

Cookie exchange? I'll have to check this out!

-Amber <><

Fri Dec 15, 10:26:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Blessings and joyful holidays to you, dear Squirl!

Sat Dec 16, 01:01:00 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

dmmgmfm, you should do this one, too. Thanks!

Eclectic, I'm sorry you were too busy to play. It was fun. Thank you and holiday cheer, hugs, and love to you and your family.

Amber, thanks! This was a virtual cookie exchange so there are no calories involved. :)

Thanks, Nick, I hope your holidays are warm, healthy, and happy. :)

Sat Dec 16, 07:50:00 AM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Cool pictures!
I NEVER thought that outdoor lighting pics would turn out. I gotta try this!

Sun Dec 17, 11:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home