Squirl's Nest

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Flowers!

You know I can't pass up a botanical garden, especially if it's Smithsonian. Ichabod loves plants as much as I do so of course we visited. Here's the entire set of pictures. I'm going to have trouble deciding which ones to post here. I want to show them all, of course.

They had a traveling exhibition of globes. The theme was ecology.

This one had to do with proper roofing materials.
DSCN5708

This one was just made of all kinds of stuff. If you click on it you can check out the larger version and the things are easier to see.
DSCN5707

I liked this one, too.
DSCN5715

And now I'll try to load too many flower pictures here.
DSCN5716

DSCN5719

This one's kinda hard to make out. It's easier to see in the large size.
DSCN5721

This was out of focus, but I like the flower too much to delete it.
DSCN5725

DSCN5726

DSCN5727

DSCN5735

DSCN5733

DSCN5736

They had these metal ones, too. They were cool, but weird.
DSCN5744

DSCN5743

And, of course, an orchid.
DSCN5746

Labels: , , , ,

12 comments

Blogger tweetey30 said...

Hey not to often I am first anywhere.. LOL.. Maybe because I am working late... LOL.. Anyway I loved those globes and those pinks are just awsome arent they?? I love the pinks. I liked the one that looked like an eight legged spider also..Or that is what it looked like to me.

Thu Dec 11, 04:43:00 AM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

My internet connection went all crappy when I was trying to leave you a comment last night. Hmmph!

Very preetty! I think I could probably keep the metal sculpture alive, or maybe the cactus.

Thu Dec 11, 07:52:00 AM  
Blogger eclectic said...

WOW! Beautiful set!!

Thu Dec 11, 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Tweety, those pinks were so vivid in person. I hope you can visit there some day.

Bucky, sorry about the internet crap. Yeah, I think the cactus would be safer from the cats. But would they be safe from the cactus?

E, thanks, sis!

Fri Dec 12, 06:33:00 AM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

I LOVE the little waterfall with all the ferns...so soothing!

Sat Dec 13, 06:24:00 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Oh! I love the globes too. I think the one with the flower pot is my favorite.

For the flowers, it is hard to narrow down which ones I think are the most gorgeous, because they are all really striking. I especially like the starting starburst one that is pink. That one cactus looks huge! That, or the ones around it are tiny.

It looks like a gorgeous place to visit. How wonderful for the 2 of you. Sounds like somewhat of a hidden gem, since I never hear people talk about going there.

Sat Dec 13, 11:32:00 AM  
Blogger chia said...

Gizmo was looking at these going "ooh, can I dig those up?" or "Mommy is that my new litter box!?!?"

Great shots!

Mon Dec 15, 12:21:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

tshsmom, I love waterfalls, too.

Danielle, it really is gorgeous. I hope you get a chance to got there some time.

Chia, just try to keep him off of your screen. :-)

Tue Dec 16, 07:03:00 AM  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

I LOVE the Botanical Garden; it's especially fun to go there in the dead of winter!

Thu Dec 18, 07:59:00 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

htgt, I love to go the one here in March. Still crappy outside, but beautiful flowers and butterflies inside. :-)

Thu Dec 18, 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger Judypatooote said...

You got some great shots... very interesting.... judy

Sun Dec 21, 08:15:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Thanks, Judy!

Thu Dec 25, 08:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home