Squirl's Nest

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Vacation, at last!

We put off going on vacation until Septemeber this year. Ichabod started at a new company the first of September last year so he, just now, gets two weeks' vacation. We're going to drive straight across Michigan, through Canada, to get to the Boston area where my aunt and uncle live. We haven't decided exactly yet, but we'll probably spend about three days there.

After Boston we're going to head down to Washington DC. Neither of us has ever been there. I'm really excited. At first we thought about Sedona/Phoenix again. I love that idea, too, but DC will be a new experience for us.

We'll be leaving next Saturday and I'm already getting things ready to go. Ichabod will throw some things in a suitcase Friday night and call it good. We balance each other that way. :-)

Not sure how much intranet we'll have while we're gone, but I'll check blogs when I can.

Labels: , ,

13 comments

Blogger Kranki said...

ROAD TRIP! Have a great time. Can't wait to see the photos.

Sat Sep 06, 03:32:00 PM  
Blogger chia said...

You're going hand to bean!

Sat Sep 06, 11:54:00 PM  
Blogger ladymadaysia said...

Have fun on your vacation!

DC is pretty beautiful, so you should enjoy it. :)

Sun Sep 07, 02:07:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Kranki, I hope to bring back some interesting photos. Thanks,

Chia, I guess that pretty much sums it up. :-)

Lady, thanks! I'm looking forward to it.

Sun Sep 07, 05:38:00 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Have fun!

Mon Sep 08, 03:06:00 PM  
Blogger eclectic said...

I wanna go too!!!! But, I'll leave the packing to you -- I don't love that part of vacation. ;) Take lots of pics for us!!!

Mon Sep 08, 05:52:00 PM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

You told me Saturday that you'd put up a post, and it took me this long to come check it out. Hey, things take longer on the short bus. :)

We'll still have to have a huddle session about the plant care while you're gone. You'll have to give Auntie Artistic and Uncle Eccentric big hugs from me.

Mon Sep 08, 09:05:00 PM  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

Have fun.. Enjoy yourselves..

Tue Sep 09, 12:17:00 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

I think DC is a great place to visit. So many museums and memorials. I highly recommend the holocaust museum if you are there for 2 days. It is very moving.

But the main thing is to hit all of the memorials around the center of DC, so that would likely be your top priority.

Enjoy your trip! It is a good time of year to go to these cities I would think. Weather is a bit nicer, not quite so many tourists. Should be beautiful. :-)

Wed Sep 10, 06:55:00 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

thshmom, thanks!

Sister E, I plan on taking many pictures. :-)

Bucky, I feel the plants will be fine. I will pass the hugs on.

Thanks, Tweety!

Danielle, I'm hoping that the weather will be nice. I know it gets really hot in the summer. Thanks!

Thu Sep 11, 08:11:00 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Squirrel, where in Michigan? I'm in Michigan too. Small world. Good luck on that drive to DC. Been there, done that. Don't want to go back.

Fri Sep 12, 10:05:00 AM  
Blogger eclectic said...

YAY! Today's the last day of work!! Have fun and be safe and don't forget about us forever. We'll miss you!!

Fri Sep 12, 12:24:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Vickie, I might not enjoy all of the drive, but I think I'll enjoy the city!

E, I actually took today off to get stuff done. Can't wait to get on the road tomorrow. And how could I forget about you? You're my sister.
:-)

Fri Sep 12, 10:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home