Squirl's Nest

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Post-Storm

Short work-day today as we have a team get-together at 11:30. One of the guys has a house with a pool and hot tub and he has graciously opened his home to us for the party. Tomorrow is a holiday that my company celebrates by shutting down for the day - Yay day off.

Yesterday we had a major storm system go through. Winds, in my city, were clocked at 87mph. I only lost power a couple of times, one was before I got home. The other was less than one hour. It didn't go out at Bucky's during the time that General Hospital was being taped. However, the local tv station decided that we needed the full hour to go over the weather, so no GH. Good thing there's SoapNet where GH is rerun at 10:00.

The upside to the big storms yesterday was a gorgeous sunrise this morning. Kinda cracked me up when I downloaded the pictures. You know how people's eyes turn red from the flash? Well, the sun was that pretty red/hot-pink color and it came out white. Whatever... I'm posting it anyway.

Everyone have a great weekend!
DSCN5247

Labels: , , ,

11 comments

Blogger tweetey30 said...

Happy 4th of July tomorrow Squirl. Enjoy your day. Beautiful photo. I like how the sun turned pink in your photo. We had a beautiful sunset last night too.

Thu Jul 03, 11:33:00 AM  
Blogger chia said...

That's gorgeous :-). Bummer on the power situation. I lost internet AFTER the storms passed, other than that everything stayed pretty normalish with the exception of the ceiling flooding in the hallway. Even that light stayed on with water pouring out of the fixture ;).

Happy 4th!!!

Thu Jul 03, 02:10:00 PM  
Blogger Kranki said...

Have a fabulous holiday. I think the sun is a little hung over from all the storming that happened.

Thu Jul 03, 02:25:00 PM  
Blogger eclectic said...

My daughter and some friends got up this morning at 4 a.m. to ride their bikes to some nearby sand dunes just so they could watch the sunrise. She'll love this photo! Happy 4th!!!

Thu Jul 03, 06:27:00 PM  
Blogger Jenski said...

Another beautiful sun photo. Storm systems are great for that!

Thu Jul 03, 07:44:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Tweety, you have a great day, too! Thanks!

Chia, losing power for a short time isn't the worst thing in the world. I did miss Jeopardy, though. We had a broken pipe upstairs in the other house we had in GH. The light fixture downstairs looked like it just needed a goldfish in it. Glad to see your internet's working again.

Kranki, thanks! The poor sun does look a bit hungover, doesn't it?

Ms E, I can't believe she'd get up so early to bike to the sunrise. I hope she enjoys the picture. Happy 4th to you, too!

Jenski, thanks! Yes, they have their upside. :-)

Thu Jul 03, 08:50:00 PM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Don't worry, SoapNet to the rescue! But I'm a little worried at the moment - my cable just flaked out on me. Looks like the internet is still up, but I'll be severely annoyed if I can't see Kathy Griffin's show fresh tonight.

Want some spaghetti and GH tomorrow? :)

Thu Jul 03, 09:04:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Bucky, yes, thank goodness for SoapNet! Sounds like your recordings are going to be okay. My cable is still out right now, too. Hope it's going tonight so you can get the backup SoapNet. Yes, tomorrow sounds like a plan. :-)

Thu Jul 03, 09:33:00 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Aren't short days terrific?! I love getting to go home early. And a party sounds like fun. :-)

Happy Independence Day!

Fri Jul 04, 12:55:00 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Wishing you a storm-free Independence Day!

Fri Jul 04, 02:11:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Danielle, it was a lot of fun. Better than I expected. Thanks, hope yours was good.

tshsmom, thanks, it was beautiful here. Hope yours was good, too.

Sun Jul 06, 11:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home