Squirl's Nest

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Zero degrees Fahrenheit and pretty pictures.

It got down to zero degrees Fahrenheit here last night. And that was the warmest temperature in the area. We decided to drive to breakfast as neither of us was ready for a walk in that kind of cold.

After breakfast we decided to drive to the beach to see how far the ice went out. It was so gorgeous that we drove back home to get my camera. Here are some of the pictures.

DSCN7071

We were really bundled up but still didn't stay out long.
DSCN7074

DSCN7075

You can see the pier way out there. The only reason I might consider getting a new camera is that I'd like more than a 3x optical zoom.
DSCN7078

You can't tell from the pictures, but every place there was open water it was steaming.
DSCN7080

Just plain brrrrrrr
DSCN7082

The trees down by the water were covered in frost.
DSCN7085

It's supposed to get back closer to freezing tomorrow and I'm ready for it to be warmer. But this was fun for just one day. :-)

Labels: , ,

19 comments

Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

Gorgeous photos!

I'm done with the cold. Done, done, done, DONE!

Sun Jan 23, 01:37:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Thanks, HTGT, I'm ready for warmer weather, too. The lakeshore effect gave us about 8 inches of snow yesterday, too. We don't make the news because, of course, it's just along the lakeshore.

Sun Jan 23, 01:45:00 PM  
Blogger Kranki said...

Holy wow! Seriously cold looking. Brrrrrr. But great photos.

Sun Jan 23, 10:28:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Thanks, Kranki! Yeah, it was soooo friggin' cold! I don't know what zero F is in Celcius, but I think the word frigid covers it.

Mon Jan 24, 06:35:00 AM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

It's so pretty, but I'm so glad I can enjoy the pictures while in my WARM house. I've had my fill of ball-freezing temperatures!

Mon Jan 24, 08:16:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

I'm so glad that you have heat in your house again. But it was really pretty out there.

Mon Jan 24, 09:01:00 PM  
Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

0 degrees? That's downright balmy! ;D

No, srsly, it looks wicked cold. Bravo to you for venturing out to capture some of that winter beauty.

Wed Jan 26, 08:46:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Hah! I'll bet you get some pretty darned cold weather up your way. :-)

Wed Jan 26, 08:59:00 PM  
Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

It hasn't been a picnic. If it was a picnic, the sandwiches would be frozen solid.

Thu Jan 27, 03:58:00 PM  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

wonderful photo's.. Just wonderful. I have been missing in action for a while and didnt notice this post until now.. Its been cold here also. hope you are enjoying the photo of the girls form x-mas. I worried you wouldnt get it. n.

Thu Feb 03, 03:11:00 AM  
Blogger eclectic said...

I love the frosty trees and fencing!

Wed Mar 02, 12:00:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Tweety, thanks! Yes, I got your card and the picture, thanks for that, too.

E, that's what made me go back and get my camera.

Wed Mar 02, 12:14:00 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Love your snow pics.

Thu Mar 03, 04:49:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Thanks, SB!

Mon Mar 07, 09:16:00 PM  
Blogger nbrsspot.blogspot.com said...

hey its been a while again. if you are still among us here is the new me. i have given up nbrsspot because i made a big no no.. i forgot my password and cant even get into the old e-mail to get e-mail addresses so i need those too when people get a minute..

http://nixmix2011.blogspot.com/

Sat Apr 02, 06:41:00 PM  
Blogger eclectic said...

Um... it's time for flowers now, Squirly!

Fri Jun 03, 12:04:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

E, you're right! The last time I tried to update it wouldn't let me in. I'll have to try again.

Fri Jun 03, 12:47:00 PM  
Anonymous sbo said...

Hello there, simply become alert to your weblog thru Google, and fosbobetund that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels

Thu Mar 29, 05:37:00 PM  
Blogger Prici said...

how cute check out my cat blog

Sat Sep 28, 11:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home