Squirl's Nest

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The Birds - Not by Alfred Hitchcock

I need to learn how to put photos in here. That's what everyone else does either when Blogger is acting up, or they don't have a cool story ready.

I was trying to think what to put in here next. I asked my guy. He knows I'm a bird watcher. Right now is the coolest time as birds are migrating. We've had gulls, starlings, chickadees, lots of neat birds, but I've been ready for a change.

The turkey vultures are coming back. Robins are here. A little side note. The robin really should be the state bird of Michigan. The suckers always go South for the winter. :-)

Just a few weeks ago I got to see a turkey making the big fan with his tail and doing his cool little strut. I was impressed. But the big thing recently for me was to see the sandhill cranes. They are really tall wading birds and are just gorgeous.

Anyway, I had just IM'd my sweetie asking him what he thought I should blog about today. He asked why I didn't tell about the sandhill cranes. I thought, yeah, that's cool. Then he told me to say why they're special to me. That sounded weird coming from him. Then he said, "Tell how they make you feel deep inside when you see one." Little fucking shit.

12 comments

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wish I had the gall to ask Sweetie... "so what is it that she feels deep inside." Tonka truck joke ensues.

Tue Apr 05, 02:17:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Oh, Kittyf0nk, please do!

Tue Apr 05, 02:30:00 PM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

"Turn on the headlights and we'll drive outta here!"
oops.
f0nk, glad to see you've been bit by the bloggin' bug, too!

Oh, slap Ichabod for me. Lovingly.

Tue Apr 05, 02:48:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Thanks, Bucky, I always know I can count on you for support.

Tue Apr 05, 02:51:00 PM  
Blogger Candy said...

Thats so lovely,and touching, and disturbing.

I have 12 bird watchers living in my house that I am sure would be glad to tell you how birdies make them feel deep inside, inside their tummies.

Tue Apr 05, 03:46:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Yes, my sweetie can be disturbing at times. I take it that the bird watchers at your place watch the birds go from their plates to their mouths. :-)

Hey, thanks for making the link to my site. I still haven't figured out how to do that stuff. Bucky and I should be getting together sometime this month, I hope, and I'll make her help me.

Tue Apr 05, 08:38:00 PM  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

damn..wish I could find it...story in the news about wild turkeys being moved because they were attaching kids on the way to school...that musta been a sight ot see...my kinda bird watching

Tue Apr 05, 11:50:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Nature strikes back! That's Great White's kinda story. Do you think the kids deserved it???? :-)

Wed Apr 06, 07:19:00 AM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Kids always deserve turkey attacks.

Wed Apr 06, 08:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just about ready to ask you how the turkey-mating-strut made you, um, feel, when I got to the part about the sandhill cranes and Ichabod.

So, now I'm thinking, Ichabod must be punished. Next time he wants to get frisky, you should make him do the turkey fan-tail-strut. Or the sandhill strut, if they have one. You know, whatever does it for ya.

Wed Apr 06, 11:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup. gotta love him...

Fri Aug 05, 01:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup. got to.

Fri Aug 05, 01:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home