Squirl's Nest

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Nephews Party Now with Pictures!

The boys had a great time drawing on our huge white board. Bobby is the little artist in the family, but both had fun with it. Tiago, the older one, had more fun playing computer games.

Ichabod made dinner for us. He made two regular vegetarian pizzas and one that was a peanut butter and jelly pizza. Couldn't get the boys to try that one for anything, though. Of course we didn't have grape or strawberry jelly which would've looked better. We had apple butter. Ichabod and I ate that one.

They crashed on the living floor in our sleeping bags.
DSCN1531

They slept close to twelve hours. We were awake long before they were. Even after they were awake they just stayed in the sleeping bags for a while.
DSCN1535a

Then they were back to the drawing board, so to speak.
DSCN1540 This is Bobby. He told me that he was going to draw a button nose on this face. He's such a sensitive little guy. When Tiago drew a scary alien Ichabod joked that he (Ichabod) was going to have nightmares. Bobby started a new picture. He told us that it was a nice alien so his uncle wouldn't have nightmares. Is that sweet or what?

DSCN1543 Here they are at it.

Like I said, Bobby is the serious artist in the family. He saw this picture. Thank goodness that they can't read. The name was Ichabod's idea. I just drew the picture.
DSCN1537 You might have to click on it for the bigger size to read it.

Anyway he wanted to draw a picture just like it. He kept working on it bit by bit. I don't think it's bad for a four-year-old.
DSCN1536 Check out the adam's apple. :-)

I think this was the nice alien.
DSCN1539

Bobby asked Ichabod to trace his outline. Then he turned it into Mr Freeze from Batman.
DSCN1544

Here's Tiago with his breakfast banana.
DSCN1541

And here he is playing computer games. The picture up above is a painting of Frank Zappa done by Tardist.
DSCN1545

Here they are just before the left.
DSCN1546

On the way home we stopped at Ichabod's parents'. I got these Annie pictures. I got some last week, too, but I've been too lazy to post them. So here are a few shots of her.

DSCN1548
DSCN1549
DSCN1551
DSCN1552

This was drawn by a guy with a PhD in chemistry.
DSCN1538

22 comments

Blogger Unknown said...

Cute! That alien looked TOTALLY nice. And you're quite the artist, Miss Squirl-Bob. Your nephews are so adorable And the white board to draw on? Fabulous idea - I wish I'd had one when my nephews were that age. Instead, I have crayon marks on my walls. Of course, they're ADORABLE crayon marks

If I ask nice, can I have Annie?

Sat Mar 25, 09:05:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Thanks, Jim. Ichabod bought three 4' by 8' sheets of surround material for showers. Then he put hinges and bases on them. But I'll bet those crayon marks are too adorable to erase anyway. :-)

You can ask for Annie, but, that guy in the last picture? He'd probably put up a pretty good fight. She's his baby girl.

Sat Mar 25, 09:22:00 PM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Oh gawd, how cute are they in their matching hoodies? I love that white board, but you probably don't wanna let the kids see the stuff I draw.

Sat Mar 25, 09:25:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Bucky, thanks! Um, yeah, we've seen the stuff you draw. They're not quite ready for that yet.

Sat Mar 25, 09:28:00 PM  
Blogger eclectic said...

Thank you so much for the photos, Squirl. Tiago and Bobby are absolutely darling!! Good job, Ich, on the whiteboard!

Annie looks almost as big as Briz -- it happens so fast! Jim, you have been granted visitation rights to Briz, just let me know when you want to pick him up for your weekend. Of course, it's a package deal, you'll have to take the kids, too. ;)

Sat Mar 25, 10:15:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Eclectic, you're the one who shamed me into getting out the camera. I would've been mad at myself anyway if I hadn't taken a few. And, thanks, I think they're great boys, but I'm prejudiced. Ichabod used to be called MacGyver at work because he was so good at figuring out creative solutions out of practically nothing.

Go for it, Jim. You'll have a great weekend with the little Eclectics. :-)

Sat Mar 25, 10:18:00 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

I bet that you two slept 12 hrs after all that!
PB&J pizza? Creative..but...EWWW!
Puppies and kids grow up WAY TOO FAST!

Sun Mar 26, 07:54:00 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

tshsmom, we slept pretty well, maybe not quite 12 hours. :-)

Ichabod likes to be creative with his pizza. And you're right about kids and puppies growing up too fast.

Sun Mar 26, 08:53:00 AM  
Blogger Nina said...

Okay I want to come spend the night at your house. your nephews are adorable and Annie, wow how she has grown into a beautiful young lady.

Sun Mar 26, 10:05:00 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Thankfully it's been a while, and hopefully it will stay that way...but when I go to visit someone in the hospital, I always draw a lovely turkey on the dry erase board.

Turkey. It's rather fitting don't you think?

Sun Mar 26, 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger eclectic said...

***LMAO at Bloggy***

Sun Mar 26, 12:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I must say, when you were describing them, they are identical to mine. A little sensitive artist- who LOVES my big white board, and computer game playing older one. But, your nephews sleep longer.

Those pictures are fantastic! He sure has talent. They are absolutely adorable! Just too darn cute. I know why you and Ichabod are so proud. Handsome, talented, compasionate- awesome kids.
Peanut butter and Jelly pizza? I had never thought of that, but i'm going to try it soon. It sounds fantastic.

Sun Mar 26, 01:01:00 PM  
Blogger Kranki said...

Sounds super fun and they sure are cute. They must love to come for a sleep-over.

Sun Mar 26, 01:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love seeing all of the pictures you guys drew. What great entertainment! Those boards are super cool. And I swear I saw a chemical structure on the side of one of them... ;-) Looked like a ringed structure. Coulda been a hormone (estradiol etc.) for all I could see of it.

The pizza sounds unique. That they slept so much is cute. YOu guys obviously wore them out.

And Annie is certainly losing her puppy roundness and getting beeeger. She is adorable.

thanks for sharing

Sun Mar 26, 04:36:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Nina, come on over next time! We do have fun sometimes over here. Annie really is getting big. Thanks!

Mr B, I hope you don't have to visit anybody in the hospital anytime soon. Turkeys, sure, okay.

Eclectic, he's always crackin' me up.

Lawbrat, that's so neat. Except that your boys don't sleep as much. When you only have them for one night it's easy to wear them out.

Kranki, thanks! Yes, they do. They were all excited about it.

Danielle, thanks! I'll have to post that "molecule" picture. It was drawn by a guy in his 40s with a PhD in chemistry. :-) See, nobody can resist drawing on the whiteboard. We wore them out, but we couldn't get them eat the pb&j pizza. And, yes, Annie is getting so big.
You're welcome. :-)

Sun Mar 26, 07:20:00 PM  
Blogger eclectic said...

So THAT's the molecular structure of boobs? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sun Mar 26, 08:50:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It appears all had a rip-roaring time! But…a peanut butter and jelly pizza? Really?

Sun Mar 26, 09:22:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Eclectic, that's what I did when he drew it. And this guy is in his 40s. :-)

Nick, yes, we did have fun. And if you like peanut butter and jelly, this isn't bad. It's just sitting on pizza crust.

Chia, when they were here the winter before we had them in warm shirts and they were completely out of the sleeping bags. Oh, yeah, they stay warm. :-)

Mon Mar 27, 09:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Love the new addition!

*grin*

Mon Mar 27, 09:57:00 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Danielle, I'm so glad. I posted it especially for you. :-)

Mon Mar 27, 10:01:00 AM  
Blogger LadyBug said...

You guys have a giant white board in your house?!? How cool is THAT!!

Your nephews are adorable. And so is your dog-niece, of course. :)

Love and hugs to you, Squirl.

Mon Mar 27, 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Ladybug, yes and since it's small apartment, it doubles as a screen. I have my closet and clothes, shoes, stuff, etc behind it. It's really a lot of fun.
Thanks about the nephews and Annie.

Love and hugs to you, too. :-)

Mon Mar 27, 03:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home