Squirl's Nest

Thursday, August 11, 2005

This is Bucky's fault

I wasn't going to rant about this but Bucky is being even more rank in her comments than usual, forcing me to post. Right now this is the only thing on my mind.

Last night I stayed up till 11:00 finishing a book. I prefer to go to sleep one to two hours earlier than that. I was also hoping the loudmouths from the next building over would have shut up by that time.

Well, they hadn't shut up. I finally opened the window (yes, it was loud through closed windows) and yelled for them to be quiet. That worked for about half an hour. I was kinda wound up by that time so I hadn't gone to sleep yet.

If they would just speak in a normal voice I wouldn't even hear them. But half an hour later they were at it again. I tried to ignore them.

Then about 12:30 I heard voices that were in my parking lot. And I heard someone underneath the steps. I put on my glasses ( blind as that proverbial bat without them) and slipped out my door so that they didn't notice me.

Down in the lot were two couples probably in their mid-twenties. They kept screwing with the keys to the car and making the lights flash on it. I was waiting to see what they'd do next. Next was one of the girls who walked away from her car and past my neighbors truck around to where Ichabod's car was parked. Then, I swear, I saw her undo her pants and start to pull them down.

Now I've caught guys pissing in the lot and that pisses me off. Well, when I saw this I wasn't keeping quiet anymore. I yelled so the surrounding four blocks could hear me, "That's disgusting! What the hell do you think you're doing?" (Getting to do that was actually the highlight of my night)

The one guy tried to give me some shit over it so I asked them who gave them permission to park there. You need a four-digit code to get in and some people will give it to anyone. They mumbled something and started walking out of the parking lot. I asked them again and they just took off with some more mumbling. I should've had their car towed.

Anyway, I was still awake around 1:30 when they left. I was still awake at 3:00 when everything was finally quiet. It probably wasn't long after that I was asleep. Of course I have to get up at 5:30 to go to work.

So here I am tired and grumpy with an even more tired Bucky leaving gross comments to make me post. Sorry about that. I'll leave a flowers post before I go to make up for it.

Sweet dreams!

16 comments

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Squirl: Sorry about the peepee problem. That really sucks.

I think I saw a friend of yours yesterday. She was little and grey like you but she didn't have a tail. At first she looked like a miniature rabbit with tree climbing superpowers. I immediately though of you.

tata~

Thu Aug 11, 02:05:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Hi Laurenbove, I'm so pleased you were thinking of me. :-)

Thu Aug 11, 02:07:00 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Wouldn't you LOVE to know who the idiot was that gave them the code?

Thu Aug 11, 05:38:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Eclectic, I like that, defender of the parking lot. They were fucking assholes. The problem with towing is that the cops can be so slow that they'd probably be gone before the truck got there. But I can dream...

tshsmom, I wish I knew. I did tell the landlord when I saw him today. I didn't go past my locked gate on the steps to see the model of car or its license plate but at least those idiots know that someone may be watching.

They were much quieter when they came back for their car.

Thu Aug 11, 06:02:00 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Sheesh, that sucks. I give noise makers 15-20 minutes when I'm trying to sleep then I call the fuzz.

Thu Aug 11, 07:47:00 PM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Nothin' worse than bein' caught by the fuzz...

Just another argument in favor of Brazilian waxing.

Thu Aug 11, 07:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rate Bucky...friggin' funny! Fuzz or no fuzz squirl...you and Ichabod need your rest for the big trip.

Thu Aug 11, 08:01:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

DP, yeah we could use some sleep.

Mr B, the only time I've called them is when the guy next door was playing his music so loud that I could feel the bass and drums in my chest. That was 2 am. They didn't shut him up until 3. He's still loud but not usually that loud anymore.

Bucky, leave it to you to get your Brazilian wedged in there. Or something like that. :-)

Thu Aug 11, 08:17:00 PM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Wait, is this about wedgies now? 'Cause I can't think of a more, um, fitting punishment for your parking lot pissers.

Thu Aug 11, 08:51:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

That chick might've given herself a wedgie. She pulled up her pants mighty fast.

Thu Aug 11, 09:12:00 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Duh! Helloooo. How did I not think of it? How did you not? You have to yell, "Don't go gettin' any brainy ideas in our parking lot!"

Thu Aug 11, 11:30:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Kitty, please reprogram away. I have extra bobby pins.

Susie, how could I have missed the best line of all? What would I do without you?

Fri Aug 12, 07:06:00 AM  
Blogger Nina said...

WOW, the flowers are just beautiful, I really love the passion flowers, I haven't ever seen one before.

Well it sucks about a girl peeing in your parking lot. I am glad you yelled at her, and I really hope her pants got wet. :)

Have a wonderful time on vacation, take lots of pictures.

Fri Aug 12, 12:39:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Nanina, I just love the passion flowers. There are quite a few different kinds and colors.

I bet that girl wet her pants. And I don't feel one bit bad about it.

Thanks, I have my camera and extra batteries all ready to go!

Fri Aug 12, 02:51:00 PM  
Blogger Kranki said...

I feel your pain! What a drag. I really admire you for yelling at them. I have wanted to do that so many times, myslef. Good for you!

Fri Aug 12, 08:48:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Hey, Kranki, I'm so pleased you came over to comment. I hope you're feeling livelier.

I wouldn't have done it when I was your age either. As you get older (not a bad thing) you realize you don't have to take it anymore. It's not so much that it's easier as there is no other alternative.

I hope your idiot neighbors are quiet and let you rest.

Sat Aug 13, 05:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home