Squirl's Nest

Friday, April 14, 2006

In Sedona

We are here and enjoying ourselves. Been able to catch up on reading, do a little hiking, a little blogging, and even watching General Hospital. Well, I've been watching GH, not Ichabod.

This is a pretty nice little house. It's so nice to have a whole house with a yard to ourselves. I'm really liking it. Here are some pictures.

A couple of shots of the living room
DSCN1698
DSCN1697

This is the kitchen. The wall you can't see is all cabinets except for the refrigerator. And, of course, it took us no time at all to get out the laptops and hook up to the wireless internet.
DSCN1699

Here's Ichabod relaxing in what they call the Arizona room.
DSCN1696

Here's the main patio. Just beyond the cement is where the hot tub is supposed to be. The agency just acquired this house and hadn't had time to put that in yet. They were going to do it tomorrow, two days before we leave, but I said no. I don't want workers crawling all over the place when we'll barely have time to use it.
DSCN1694

This is the master bedroom.
DSCN1700
With the master bath. It's unfocused and crooked because I was trying not to be reflected in the mirror.
DSCN1702
And this is the little patio that's right off the master bedroom.
DSCN1701

There were two other bedrooms.
DSCN1704
DSCN1703

Front shot of the house.
DSCN1705
And a closeup of the front door. The coyote motif is relevant as there are coyotes in the area.
DSCN1706

Here are some views from the front of the house.
DSCN1707
DSCN1709
And one from the backyard.
DSCN1710
And this is Chimney Rock that we can see from the house.
DSCN1719

This picture isn't the best but it gives an idea of the wild areas behind the houses. It's from the back of the house. Plenty of room for coyotes. Our first night here we heard their yips and howls. Then, a couple of times, we've seen them out around this brushy area. One morning I saw one run right next to the house. So cool.
DSCN1711

Oh, and a few more shots that I got in the backyard.
DSCN1690
DSCN1691
DSCN1692

Any of these look better if you click on them and choose All Sizes.

17 comments

Blogger Nina said...

First, oh my I am never first. Well if someone sneaks in then I won't be. :)
It is such a nice house I could so live there. Ummm yeah the Arizona room is where Mateo left his mark.
Glad the two of you are having a good time and relaxing ~ such a good thing to do!

Fri Apr 14, 04:38:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Nina, it's fitting that you're first, since you're the only other one who's been here. Yup, that's the room where Mateo found the little green rug.

I really do like this place. I wish I could own it too and just jet back and forth. :-) Yeah, right, back to reality.

I was looking that picture I have of the two of us on Flickr. That's had 45 views so far. That's a lot.

Fri Apr 14, 04:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How very nice, Squirl!

WOW!

The wilderness is beautiful and the house is just amazing looking.

It looks like you are having a wonderful time!

I love the scenery that you gave us with the camera. It' so sunny and warm looking. ;)

And on a funny note, yesterday, my word ver was "byippy"

Be, Yippie! (The "yipping and howling" of coyotes reminded me of that. :) )

Today it's: axpoket

I didn't know that ax's had their own very special pocket made for them. ;)

Ok, be careful and don't let the coyotes get ya. ;)

Fri Apr 14, 04:47:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Amber, yes, they are quite yippy! It was quite exciting. I don't know about axes having pockets, but we should never question the wisdom of the word verification.

And I think that the birds, squirrels, and rabbits are the ones watching out for the coyotes. Haven't seen any road runners yet.

Fri Apr 14, 04:53:00 PM  
Blogger The Q said...

Of course the picture of you two ladies has all the views, what do you expect!? :-)

Very nice house! Beautiful views.

Fri Apr 14, 05:45:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Ar ar, Soozie, good one! Thanks!

Fri Apr 14, 06:41:00 PM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Aren't they all the Arizona room, technically?

That place is soooooooo nice, and your view is excellent. Should I be afraid you're staying?

Fri Apr 14, 09:31:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

You know, Bucky, I kinda wondered about the Arizona room thing, too....

I wouldn't mind having this as a second home. And if I can afford that then, I can afford to jet back and forth every weekend.

Fri Apr 14, 09:35:00 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Wow, this looks great. Good for you two.

Fri Apr 14, 09:35:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Hi, Susie, thanks! Wish you could be here, too. :)

Fri Apr 14, 09:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love the house! LOVE it. Have fun, crazy kids.

Fri Apr 14, 11:44:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! It looks like a great place! Enjoy!

Sat Apr 15, 12:28:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How beautiful! I never really saw Arizona as all that stunning, but you make it look so inviting!

Which of the other bedrooms is mine again?

Sat Apr 15, 12:54:00 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Kalki, hi! And thanks!

Nick, it really is. Thanks!

Jim, Arizona really is pretty. I have more photos coming up, stay tuned.

Oh, and how about the one with the pretty, fluffy, blue bedspread?

Sundenine, thanks!

Sat Apr 15, 09:29:00 AM  
Blogger eclectic said...

These are fantastic photos, Squirl! I remember Chimney Rock from traveling there as a kid! I didn't remember until I saw your photo, but seeing it brought the whole trip back for me. That particular trip I remember going to a place called slide water in a river somewhere, and Dad let me go down by myself even though Mom was certain it'd be the death of me. I was fine, and thrilled, and I'm not sure Mom ever recovered. *heh* This was like a gift, especially for me. Thank you!

Sun Apr 16, 02:10:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Eclectic, I'm so glad you were able to stop by. And I'm happy that I could bring back some good memories for you.

I think you probably went to Slide Rock State Park, just north of the city of Sedona. And, of course, you survived. Your mother's not as adventurous as you, I take it. :)

Sun Apr 16, 02:23:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Chia, oh, I'll telling you all about it. :)

Mon Apr 17, 12:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home