Squirl's Nest

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Sevens

Both tshsmom and Great White Bear say they would have tagged me with this had they known I was back from vacation. I guess I'll be nice and do it anyway. Their lists were slightly different, so since I saw tshsmom's first I'll use hers.

7 THINGS YOU PLAN TO DO BEFORE YOU DIE.
  1. Finish the final Harry Potter book.
  2. Go back to Sedona again.
  3. Meet some other bloggers. (besides the ones I'm related too)
  4. Finish all the half-started books that I have around the house.
  5. Finish the French Course that I got for my birthday a few years ago.
  6. Figure out a lucrative job that I love and can do from home.
  7. Start having real goals so lists like this aren't so hard.

7 THINGS YOU CAN DO

  1. I can sing well.
  2. I can blog.
  3. I can play various musical instruments.
  4. I can do pretty well at the regular Trivial Pursuit.
  5. I can be pretty persuasive at times.
  6. I can use a computer well enough to do what I need to.
  7. I can usually get along with just about anybody.

7 THINGS YOU CAN'T DO

  1. Program computer software.
  2. Deliberately hurt someone's feelings.
  3. Stay away from my favorite blogs.
  4. Feel comfortable driving in a city that I don't know.
  5. Read/write most of the world's languages.
  6. Not read the whole of the new Harry Potter book the day it comes out.
  7. Most sports. (total klutz here)

7 THINGS THAT ATTRACT YOU TO THE OPPOSITE SEX

  1. A good sense of humor.
  2. Good conversationalist.
  3. A bit of a twisted sense of humor.
  4. Nice ass. (it HAD to be said)
  5. Caring nature.
  6. He doesn't waste his time watching or following sports.
  7. Gentle nature.

7 THINGS YOU SAY THE MOST

  1. Well, technically...
  2. What do you think?
  3. How did this suddenly turn into such an emergency?
  4. Better get back to blogging.
  5. I don't know, what do you want to do?
  6. Is it time to go home yet?
  7. Hi, how are you doing?

7 CELEBRITY CRUSHES

  1. Davy Jones (when I was age 10)
  2. John Cowsill (when I was age 12)
  3. Michael J Fox (no more ages listed)
  4. Keanu Reeves
  5. Kurt Russell
  6. Harrison Ford
  7. I can't think of anybody else. I'll let you know if I do.

That's my list. If anyone feels like tagging him- or herself just let me know.

21 comments

Blogger Ern said...

So I'm not the only one with half-finished books lying around?

Wed Aug 31, 01:45:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Hi Ern, there is a leaning tower of books by my bed. That doesn't count the ones that I stuck back in the bookcase. Too much fun doing other things. The worst part is that I sometimes re-read other books that I've already read. Does that say nerd anywhere?

Wed Aug 31, 02:20:00 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

I've seen lots of "The Sevens" postings, and really enjoy that you have made attainable goals!

I believe I've completed the goals I set out for myself as a child, and now I'm in the process of making new goals.

Wed Aug 31, 02:39:00 PM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

You forgot Mac Davis on your list of celebrity crushes.

*ducks*

Wed Aug 31, 02:41:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Sierrabella, I'm kinda lazy and I don't like to set goals. When I do, I want them to be easy enough that I'll accomplish them. Don't like too much pressure. :-)

Wed Aug 31, 02:42:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Bucky you're lucky I missed you. Ick! Now I'm gonna have "Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me" going through my head. And I didn't like it then, either!

Wed Aug 31, 02:43:00 PM  
Blogger eclectic said...

Baby, baby dohn' get hooked on me... OMG! I had not thought of that in y-e-e-a-r-s...and I hadn't missed it, either. But now, thanks to the deadly duo of Bucky and Squirl, it will whine around in my head for the rest of the day.

I'm soooo getting you back -- when you least expect it I'll pop in with a Barry Manilow ditty.

Now you're scared, aren'tcha?!

Wed Aug 31, 03:48:00 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Damn, forgot ALL about the Cowsills(Barry for me) and Kurt Russell. I've had a crush on KR since I was 8 and he's aging SO WELL!
I'm blessed with a man that doesn't get into pro sports too. Shoulda thought of THAT for MY list too.
As for the Things to Do Before We Die; at our age we've either accomplished them or have lost the idealism(too tiring) to come up with new ones.

Wed Aug 31, 04:42:00 PM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Hey! Where's your 7 Songs I'm Currently Digging?

We, the Internet as a Whole, demand to know.

Wed Aug 31, 06:35:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Eclectic, believe me, Mac Davis music in my head is never a good thing. Bucky would do that to anyone. Actually, she used to play Barry Manilow when she was a kid. I could take anything of his over Mac Davis. Sorry you got caught in the crossfire.

tshsmom, oh yeah, the Cowsills were big with me after the Monkees. Maybe I thought my family would do something like that, who knows? You're right about not having a million lofty goals by this time in life. Tiring is a big part of it. And, yes, Kurt Russell is still one of my crushes.

Bucky, I said I'd use tshsmom's list. That wasn't on there. Right now I've got a song from Something Anything by Todd Rundgren in my head. It's called Dust in the Wind and has NO relation to the song by Kansas, thank goodness. Oh, I'll think about it. If I can come up with seven I'll post them. In the meantime I'll just type umegbus so I can post this comment.

Wed Aug 31, 07:40:00 PM  
Blogger Candy said...

I want someone to explain to me how Squirl could do a post that ends with the phrase, if you feel like taggin yourself, and Bucky hasnt commented on it.

What is the world coming to?

Fine, I will pick up the slack here,

Why Squirl, your posts are so good they always make me feel like taggin myself.

Now was that so difficult?

Wed Aug 31, 10:46:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Kitty, darn, another missed opportunity.

Jess, I'm just thrilled that my posts are so good that they make you want to tag yourself. :-)

Taking up the slack for Bucky. lol

Thu Sep 01, 08:22:00 AM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Hey! Did I feel my slack get touched in here?

Wooooooooo!

My slack hasn't felt this good in years!

Thu Sep 01, 09:04:00 AM  
Blogger Effie said...

So you don't think Sean Connery is at all good looking? C'mon--he's a bit old for me, but not bad! And Michael Douglas--you can flesh (haha) that list out a bit, can't you? And Denzel Washington--ooh, I think I should stop now....

I'd like to meet other bloggers too (other than fam)

Trivial Pursuit! Fun--some of the questions are a bit too tricky for me--but I like it!

Love your list!!

Thu Sep 01, 12:11:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Bucky, just don't always expect your slack to feel so good here. It's only when good Pope Jess is able to visit.

Effie, you know, I was gonna put Sean Connery on. Don't remember why I didn't. And Michael Douglas, Denzel Washington, lord girl, what was I thinking? Or not thinking. :-)
Thanks!

Thu Sep 01, 12:26:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Bucky, I guess for the tunes it's between the stuff on Something, Anything by Todd Rundgren and the music from the musical, Kismet. Nothing cool at all.

Thu Sep 01, 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger Kranki said...

You are one talented chickie.

Thu Sep 01, 02:32:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Thanks, Kranki! I hope you're feeling better.

Thu Sep 01, 04:08:00 PM  
Blogger Nina said...

Wow, I LIKE your list . . . wishing I could play various musical instruments.

Thu Sep 01, 08:36:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Nanina, thanks! But I didn't say how WELL I play them. That's always in doubt.

Fri Sep 02, 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Victoria, you're welcome.

Fri Sep 09, 09:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home