Squirl's Nest

Monday, March 10, 2008

Hospital time

Hi. I know I haven't updated in over a week. It's been kinda sucky. Ichabod's sister's been in and out of the hospital for about a week now. They've finally decided that it's her gallbladder and she'll be in surgery tonight. We hope that will take care of her problems.
UPDATE: She had the gallbladder surgery last night and is doing well.

Then, my sister-in-law in Iowa is also in the hospital. She's the one who was married to my older brother, the brother who passed away 4 1/2 years ago. Her lungs have been bad for a long time. Now she has pneumonia and is not able to breathe on her own. She's very weak and isn't able to speak because she has a breathing tube down her throat.

I know that everyone's praying for her to get better. But, maybe that's not what's going to happen. I'm not happy about that, but it seems more realistic.

Sorry about the downer post. Things just suck a bit right now.

Another UPDATE: Iowa sil is breathing on her own. She might actually be able to go home at some point when she regains strength. She'll need someone there to take care of her, but this is still way better news than I originally expected.

Labels: ,

15 comments

Blogger tweetey30 said...

Prayers are being sent up as I sit here thinking about things in my life right now. One child is sleeping in on my bed and the other is downstairs with daddy learning how to play chess. LOL.. They are sponges at this age. Hope everyone gets better and keep us updated when you have time.

Mon Mar 10, 09:46:00 PM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Tell Ich's sister that she needs to get better quickly so she can make more creative cheeseballs for the next holiday meal.

Mon Mar 10, 09:46:00 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Hospitals can suck the life right out of you, even if you're just visiting.

Mon Mar 10, 09:53:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Thanks, Tweeety. Chess, that's cool. Good for her, I never learned.

Bucky, oh absolutely. The cheeseballs must be made and she makes the best!

Mr B, I know that you this first hand. Thanks!

Tue Mar 11, 06:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second what Mr B says, and hope they both get better soon.

Tue Mar 11, 01:22:00 PM  
Blogger Kranki said...

Oh man! Sending good vibes your way.

Tue Mar 11, 03:35:00 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Don't let all the worry make YOU sick! I know, I know, preaching to the choir... It's a lot easier giving advice than taking it. ;)

Tue Mar 11, 05:44:00 PM  
Blogger eclectic said...

Damn. I'm sorry to hear this. Wish I could bring over some brownies! Because nothing perks up hospital visitation like brownies.

Tue Mar 11, 06:22:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Courtney, thanks! My Iowa SIL is actually breathing on her own today! I didn't expect it. And Ich's sis will probably go home today or tomorrow. She's eating, which she wasn't for a while.

Kranki, we'll take all the good vibes we can get. Thanks!
Hope you're feeling better.

tshsmom, yup, I know exactly what you mean! And I give out plenty of good advice myself without taking myself. :-)

Eclectic, brownies do have healing powers. Thanks for thinking of us. :-)

Tue Mar 11, 07:11:00 PM  
Blogger Jenski said...

I'm glad to hear things are settling down with your sisters!

Wed Mar 12, 03:11:00 PM  
Blogger Ern said...

Dealing with health problems is always tough. Good thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Thu Mar 13, 03:03:00 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

I see your comment about how your sister-in-law can now breathe on her own! That is terrific. :-)

Sounds like your family is having more than its share of health problems.

Hang in there.

Thu Mar 13, 02:07:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know what it’s like to have lungs that don’t work. My prayers for the greatest possible good.

That’s two hospitalized, Squirl. You know things like this come in threes, don’t you.

Fri Mar 14, 06:54:00 AM  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

Hanging in there with you, with some prayers thrown in.

Fri Mar 14, 07:02:00 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Jenski, thanks!

Ern, thanks for stopping by and your kind words. I know life sucks for you right now and I appreciate your thoughts and prayers very much.

Danielle, thanks! Things are starting to look up. :-)

Nick, not being able to breathe has got to be worse than chronic pain. Just can't imagine it. But I don't want anyone else needing hospitalization right now. Thanks for your prayers.

htgt, thank you so much!

Fri Mar 14, 10:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home