Squirl's Nest

Friday, August 04, 2006

Thinger

I just got this over at Effie's site.

THINGER
This is a quiz about movies. Or rather movie stars. Beside the name of each actor and actress please type your favorite of their movies.

Harrison Ford: Witness
Carrie Fisher: Star Wars (but she wrote Postcards From the Edge, a good one)
Mark Hamill: Star Wars
Gene Kelly: Singing in the Rain
Johnny Depp: Ed Wood
Orlando Bloom: Lord of the Rings
Keira Knightly: Love Actually
Robert Redford: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Cary Elwes: The Princess Bride
Anne Hathaway: Never seen her movies
Tom Hanks: Money Pit
Meg Ryan: French Kis
Sandra Bullock: The Net
Keanu Reeves: Johnnie Mnemonic
Elijah Wood: LOTR
Viggo Mortenson: History of Violence
Will Smith: The Wild, Wild West
Nicole Kidman: The Stepford Wives
Tommy Lee Jones: Space Cowboys
Jim Carrey: The Truman Show
Val Kilmer: The Island of Dr Moreau
Tom Cruise: Minority Report
Ewen MacGregor: Trainspotting
Gwyneth Paltrow: Shakespeare in Love
Toni Collette: The Sixth Sense
Hugh Grant: Love Actually
Colin Firth: Love Actually
Renee Zellwegger: Chicago
Kate Winslet: The Life of David Gale
Emma Thomson: Wit
Alan Rickman: Every Harry Potter movie, Love Actually
Kevin Costner: Pass on this one, never cared for him

(Effie added the following names)
Arnold Schwarzenegger: His comedies, don't care for his action stuff
Elisabeth Shue: Deconstructing Harry
Kathleen Turner: Romancing the Stone
Michael Douglas: Romancing the Stone

(Here are my additions)
John Turturro: Barton Fink, Miller's Crossing, O Brother Where Art Thou, Rounders, Quiz Show, etc.
Matt Damon: Good Will Hunting, The Bourne Identity
Woody Allen: Deconstructing Harry
John Goodman: Barton Fink, King Ralph, Raising Arizona

What are your favorites?

12 comments

Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I could answer a lot of these, but not all of them. Mayhaps I will steal this over the weekend and add a few.

Dangit, though, I can't add Amy Sedaris yet, as I haven't seen the SWC movie.

Fri Aug 04, 06:56:00 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Just the kind of diversion I was looking for. I just got done posting it. That was FUN!

Fri Aug 04, 07:51:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Bucky, you can say you watched SWC, vicariously, through me. Looking forward to seeing your list.

tshsmom, just got done commenting at your site. :)

Fri Aug 04, 08:48:00 PM  
Blogger Effie said...

Wow--that was fast--thanks for playing! I REALLY want to watch Chicago--still haven't had a chance--hubby doesn't want to rent it--too much of a chick flick, in his opinion--I somehow don't think so!

Fri Aug 04, 10:39:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Effie, playing this one was fun. And Chicago is not just a chick flick. There's violence, corruption, and lots of great music!

Fri Aug 04, 10:42:00 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Kirk Douglas.

Sat Aug 05, 08:58:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVED FRENCH KISS! The favorite line is when Meg gets to France and, in a voice dripping with exasperation, throws her hands up and says "Beautiful!", drops her hands and continues walking. Classic.

Sat Aug 05, 10:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, I sure couldn't tell that you liked Love Actually. ;-)

I might do this one, if I can copy and paste it into movable type.

Fun!

Sat Aug 05, 01:16:00 PM  
Blogger eclectic said...

Oooh, oooh! I am the world's worst movie-goer/watcher, as I can never remember which I've seen or who was in them. But I'm always, always looking for something good to watch! So, you've now provided me with not only your own great list, but now I can link to others' lists to have a giant list of movies recommended by friends, when my husband asks the dreaded question, "SO, are there any movies you want to see?" when he stops at Hastings. This is AWESOME!

Sat Aug 05, 02:47:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Mr B, I saw that you added that one over at Effie's. He's good, but I'd rather watch his son.

Jim, isn't that a fun movie? I like Kevin Kline, too.

Danielle, well Actually, yes! tee hee
It's a really good movie. The writing's good, the acting's good There are so many stars in it, but they never step on each other or try to overpower. That's one of the things I really like about UK actors, most of them see it as a job, not a chance to be worshipped. If you see it let me know.

I hope you can play, too.

Eclectic, well, I can see that you probably won't be doing a list, but it's always nice to have a few choices in mind when it's time to rent.

I really do recommend Love Actually. It's not just a chick flick, in case your husband's worried about that sort of thing. ;)

Sat Aug 05, 06:53:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm… I seem to have missed a lot of movies—and movie stars—through the years.

Sun Aug 06, 12:25:00 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Kittn, tee hee. ;)

Nick, ever since VCRs and, now, DVDs I've watched many, many more movies. I really enjoy it.

Sun Aug 06, 08:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home